You all might think I’m crazy but I would 9 times out of 10 pick the sweet potato over a plain old potato. I just LOVE their beautiful color and sweet yet savory taste. They are a staple at our house since they make the most delicious side to any dinner.
I was brainstorming new recipes with David and I said, “hey how about sweet potato hash browns!?!”.
He said, “That sounds gross”.
Well I didn’t listen to him (sorry honey!) and continued with my brilliant plan. I served him 3 fried eggs and a large serving of sweet potato hash browns. He took one bite and was hooked. I even caught him eating the last morsels out of the pan. We may never eat regular hash brown again.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Medium sized sweet potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- sprinkles of sea salt
- Boil a medium pot of water
- Chop 2 sweet potatoes into small cubes
- Toss the sweet potatoes into boiling water for 5 minutes until slightly softened
- Drain the sweet potatoes and dry well
- Scoop coconut oil into large skillet and allow to heat up. Turn the heat to medium
- Toss in the sweet potatoes cubes and allow to cook thoroughly (6-7 minutes or so) and then flip. Continue this process until they are nice and brown. Sprinkle with sea salt as you go along. Your hash brown will be the crispiest if you let them cook well on each side before stirring. ENJOY!