Lavender oil is incredible. My first experience with Young Living Lavender oil was after a severe burn while cooking dinner. I had heard from a friend that lavender oil could aid in healing a burn but it sounded too good to be true but I decided to give it a shot.
My burn was already blistering when I rubbed a drop of lavender oil on it and the pain immediately went away and by the morning the blister was gone. I’m now a believer in this miraculous oil and use it daily! Lavender oil is one of the 10 oils that come in the premium starter kit from Young Living. It is the BEST way to get started with essential oils. Learn more her
Here are some of my favorites use for Lavender oil!
1. On burns scrapes and cuts– The French Scientist Rene Gattefosse found that Lavender oil could “promote tissue regeneration and speed wound healing when he severely burned his arm in the laboratory accident.”(EO pocket reference, 77). You can apply Lavender directly to burns and scrapes.
2. Calming and relaxing– Lavender is a great oil to diffuse in your home because it is known to calm you both physically and emotionally. You can diffuse it before you child’s bedtime or rub it on the bottom of their feet to encourage relaxation and sleep.
3. Skin rashes– Lavender oil helps soothes diaper rashes, eczema and psoriasis. You can make my DIY diaper rash stick which has helped heal my sons diaper rashes in a flash but could also be used on eczema. It’s also cloth diaper safe!
4. Seasonal Allergies– My husband uses a drop of lavender oil under his tongue when his allergies flair up. You can also rub lavender oil around the nose or down the neck to relieve symptoms
5. Homemade Face Lotion– I have an awesome DIY face lotion that hydrates and soothes the skin. I love adding a couple drops of lavender oil to help clear any acne spots and take away redness.
6 Headaches– Instead of reaching for an over the counter pain killer lavender can be just as helpful. Rub a few drops across the temples and forehead.
7. Nausea and morning sickness– You can place lavender oil in your hands and take a couple deep breaths to help with motion sickness or general nausea! A great tip for pregnant ladies! You can learn more about using essential oils during pregnancy here!
8. Calm down your furry friend-My friend told me she rubbed lavender oil on her dogs paws on a night that he would not stop barking. She told me he fell asleep within a couple minutes!
9.Homemade Laundry Freshener-Making your laundry smell fresh and clean is as simple as adding a 10 drops of lavender oil to a bottle of water and spritzing your clothes before placing them in the dryer. Or you can spitz a shirt that you aren’t quite ready to call dirty;)
10.Dandruff or Cradle Cap: You can rub a few drops of lavender oil on the scalp to clear dandruff or cradle cap. I can’t wait to use this one on our next baby because Coco-nib had a nasty case of cradle cap!
Well there you have it! 10 miraculous uses for Lavender oil! And because I want you to experience the thrill for yourself I’m giving away a 15 ML bottle of Young Living Lavender Oil!!
Heres How To Enter!
- Already love essential oils or want to learn more about them? Join my Essential Oils Facebook group!
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. You can earn extra entries for leaving a comment on this post, following me on Pinterest, liking my Facebook page and for subscribing to me on my Youtube channel! The winner will be announced here and in my Facebook group on April 25, 2014. Entries will close at 11:59pm CDT on April 24, 2014.