If any of you watched my last video you’ll know that I’ve been loving pears this fall!If you missed the video click here. They must be one of the most beautiful fruits with that gorgeous green color and splashes of red and orange. I have been taking pictures of them with my fancy new camera because well…. I guess I’m a nerd! We have mostly been just eating them but I was inspired to create a recipe using these delicious gifts of the season.
I’ve been seeing tons of recipes for pumpkin and apple bread pop up all over the blogosphere but NOT ONE using pears. So I thought to myself “aha!” I’ll make a pear bread. Well, I tested out a recipe and I hate to brag but it’s DELICIOUS! It’s dairy free, refined sugar free and it tastes just like Autumn. I recommend eating a slice (or two or three!) slathered with butter and a tall glass of raw milk.Do you have a favorite fall recipe???
I’d love to hear about it in the comments below?
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 ¼ cup pears -peeled, cored and chopped ( or about 2 pears)
- 2 eggs ( preferably pastured raised)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Einkorn organic flour or organic sprouted flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil
- In a large bowl or mixer like this one, combine coconut oil, honey, sugar,and eggs. Mix well.
- Gently stir in pears, pecans and vanilla
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until they are incorporated
- Pour into a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center of the bread
- Allow to cool on a wire rack