Let’s have a talk….
Diaper rashes? They are pretty much the WORST. It’s so sad to see you sweet baby with a bottom red, chafed. And it can happen when your baby is teething,when they eat super acidic food or when your cloth diapers need to be stripped. Whatever the reason as Moms we want to make them feel better as quickly as possible. That’s when we reach for the diaper rash cream!
But…..THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH DIAPER CREAM(actually A LOT of problems!!)
Most diaper rash ointments contain some nasty ingredients and what’s worse, if you cloth diaper (click here to see how I cloth diaper) these ointments will cause your diapers to lose absorbency. Coconut oil can be a great natural alternative to diaper ointments but just like diaper ointment-it’s super super messy!! Ointments and oils alike make A MESS! So what are we natural mama’s to do?????
Welll…I started using this diaper ointment stick and it’s expensive!!! I played around in the kitchen and voila! I’ve created an even better diaper rash stick. It’s super simple to make and works beautifully.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Tablespoons grated beeswax-buy it here
- 1 Tablespoon shea butter -buy it here
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil-buy it here
- 1 Tablespoon jojoba oil-buy it here
- Essential oils ( 10 drops of Lavender* and 10 drops tea tree oil**)-buy them here
- FIll a medium sized pot halfway with water and turn on high to boil
- Place beeswax in mason jar
- Place the jar in boiling water
- Once the beeswax is melted add the shea butter, jojoba oil and coconut oil
- Allow to melt completely
- Turn the heat off and add the essential oils ( read the notes below )
- Pour your liquid from the mason jar into an old deodorant container
- Allow to cool
Notes: If you baby is under the age of 6 months I recommend using 10 drop of lavender oil ONLY. If your baby is over the age of 6 months use 10 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drop of lavender oil. Lavender oil is considered the sa
fest for an infant but tea tree oils helps to kill bacteria that might cause a rash. You can read more about essential oils here.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, oramazonwireless.com.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. READ MORE...