I’m jumping back in with another AMAZING holiday recipe. I must confess about two weeks ago my mom came home to visit and she pulled out her recipe box and started sharing them with me. I’m so excited to be able to share them with you all! I dream about these sweet potatoes all year round because the only time we ever eat them is on Thanksgiving! I’ve actually tried to recreate the recipe but it never turns out as delicious. Turns out I didn’t know of a couple secret ingredients that take this dish over the top!
Do you have a favorite holiday dish you wait for all year? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
- 2-3 Sweet potatoes (baked or boiled until soft)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 coconut sugar (can sub sucanat or cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped apples
- Remove the skin from the sweet potatoes
- Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer beat together the eggs, sweet potatoes, sugar, salt and sherry.
- Whip on hight speed for 2 minutes
- stir in the pecan and apples
- place in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes
- You can serve them this way or scoop them into a bowl
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!!!