Hi I’m Julia, AKA COCO.
Some children, whom I dearly love, gave me the nickname and it’s stuck. I’m a mom, wife, messy cook and writer.
I’ve always loved cooking and now our family is on a journey of trying to only eat REAL food. What does this mean??
- We don’t eat food out of packages with more than a couple ingredients.
- We eat traditional foods like butter, cod liver oil and raw milk
- We buy local meat, dairy and produce as much as possible
- You’ll get to experience the joys of discovering this new way of cooking with me!
I love writing about childbirth and parenting. Why?
- I’m a mom of one(so far!) and I had an incredible home birth! Read my birth story here
- The birth experience was life changing for me (in a good way) and my hope is to empower other women to have the birth they desire.
- I write about parenting because who knew it was such a TOUGH job?
- I write about the way we choose to parent, not to prove we are better, but to be a safe place for people who go against current parenting norms.
I’m not the crunchiest mom in the world. Let me explain
- I like wearing makeup and doing my hair
- I’ll be working on lots of DIY beauty products because I don’t like the ingredients in the conventional stuff.
I switch off between writing blog posts and making video blog posts! Down below you can watch a little “hello!” video from me!
And LASTLY let me introduce my little family!
Julia(me!) or you can call me COCO
Henri or you can call him Coco Nib (since he’s the littlest Coco)
David or you can call him Coco-Nut. He’s handsome, smart and funny!
I also make video blogs…
See all my Videos RIGHT HERE